Are you one of the 20% of Americans who is afraid of the dentist? At California Dental Innovations, Dr. Mina Levi and her caring dental team believe that fear of the dentist shouldn’t keep patients from receiving stellar dental care. That’s why she offers comfortable and drill-free dentistry solutions.
The goal of comfort dentistry is to ensure that patients are relaxed both in the dentist’s chair and at home. In this article, we’ll discuss the many ways in which Dr. Levi reduces patient discomfort both in the office and at home.
In-Office Drill-Free Dentistry
Icon Drill-Free Dentistry Technique
Many patients dread the sound and sensation of dental drills. Luckily, Icon technology is revolutionizing “drill and fill” dentistry. Using the Icon drill-free technique, Dr. Levi can:
- Catch cavities early. Instead of the “wait and see” approach to cavities, Dr. Levi can treat cavities in their earliest stages. She applies a liquid infiltrant onto the damaged tooth, which strengthens the enamel and stops cavities in their tracks.
- Quickly and comfortably treat patients. Drill-free dentistry does not require a local anesthesia because patients experience very little discomfort during the procedure. Additionally, the Icon technique is much quicker than the process of traditional fillings.
- Avoid full restorations. Icon strengthens the enamel of a damaged tooth. This means that Dr. Levi can increase the lifespan of the tooth without using a dental crown.
iTero Element 5D Scanner
The iTero element 5D scanner is an advanced, non-invasive intraoral scanner that inspects the internal structure of the teeth. This means that Dr. Levi can scan the inside of the teeth to detect cavities entirely without x-rays. Non-invasive cavity detection without harmful radiation makes iTero Element 5D scanner technology safe for children and pregnant women.
Dr. Levi and her team want their patients to feel completely at ease during their visit. Therefore, California Dental Innovations offers a variety of sedation options, including oral medications, to help patients relax.
If you want to explore sedation dentistry, let Dr. Levi and her team know prior to your visit. They will gladly help you choose the best option for you.
At-Home Comfort Dentistry
Patients who struggle with teeth grinding (bruxism), snoring, and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) don’t have to live with the pain. Here are just a few examples of how Dr. Levi helps her patients reduce discomfort at home:
Teeth grinding puts upwards of 250 pounds of pressure on the teeth and jaw. Such an immense amount of pressure can cause:
- Chronic jaw, face, and ear pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Damaged and sensitive teeth
Fortunately, Dr. Levi creates custom-made night guards to comfortably and effectively protect patients’ teeth from damage, sensitivity, and disease.
Snoring can be annoying for both patients and their family members, but it comes with other, more serious symptoms, including:
- High blood pressure
- Dry mouth
- Trouble concentrating
Dr. Levi offers patients an alternative to noisy and bulky continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines–custom oral appliances. Using custom oral appliances comfortably repositions the jaw to open the airway and reduce snoring.
TMD can occur for many reasons, such as:
- Teeth grinding
- A misaligned bite
- Trauma to the jaw.
There are several ways to treat TMD, but diagnosing the cause of the disorder is the best way to treat it. Dr. Levi thoroughly examines patients with TMD pain in order to create a personalized treatment plan. Depending on each patient’s specific needs, Dr. Levi may suggest:
- Invisalign to correct a misaligned bite
- A custom night guard for teeth grinding
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) exercises
- Relaxation techniques and TMJ massages
Drill-free Dentistry in San Francisco, CA
Whether you’re looking for drill-free dentistry or custom night guards, California Dental Innovations has everything you need for a comfortable dental experience. Schedule your visit today by calling (415) 513-5066 or booking an appointment online.