Are you looking for the best dental veneers San Francisco has to offer? You’re in luck! Dentists care about their patients, which is why they prioritize their patients’ oral health. However, it is estimated that more than 50% of Americans are dissatisfied with the appearance of their smiles. Subsequently, dentists understand that helping their patients get an aesthetically-pleasing smile can be just as important as achieving great oral health. That’s why many dentists across the country offer cosmetic dentistry services.
When it comes to cosmetic dental treatments, patients can choose from a long list of options, which might include:
But, perhaps the best way to get a drastically improved smile quickly is with dental veneers. At California Dental Innovations, Dr. Mina Levi provides her patients with dental veneers that feel great and look even better. In this article, we’ll answer all of your burning questions about dental veneers so that you can finally get your perfect smile.
What are dental veneers?
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), dental veneers are the third most-requested dental treatment amidst patients. Veneers are ultra-thin, porcelain shells that cover the teeth to hide imperfections. Dr. Mina carefully color-matches the porcelain shells to resemble the hue of each patient’s natural teeth. Then, she uses a strong dental adhesive to permanently attach the shell to the top surface of the teeth.
Who is a good candidate for porcelain veneers?
Dr. Mina Levi will evaluate patient candidacy for dental veneers at an initial consultation. However, veneers are usually a great option for patients who:
- Want to brighten their smile
- Want to cover misaligned teeth
- Want to conceal chipped or worn teeth
- Want to hide gapped, uneven, or irregular teeth
What are the benefits of veneers?
Arguably, the best quality of porcelain veneers is how customizable they are. Dr. Mina carefully designs each patient’s veneers to enhance their smile, face shape, and personality. However, porcelain dental veneers are also:
- Extremely strong and durable
- Non-toxic and biocompatible
- More cost-effective than other cosmetic dental procedures
- Aesthetically-pleasing and natural-looking
- A major confidence-boosting solution
How long will dental veneers last?
With proper oral hygiene and care, dental veneers could last for decades! Nevertheless, to prolong the life of porcelain veneers, patients should:
- Brush twice daily and floss once daily
- Schedule dental exams and cleanings every six months
- Protect teeth with a night guard
- Avoid excessively hard or sticky foods
- Refrain from using teeth as a tool
What is the dental veneer process like?
At California Dental Innovations, patients who wish to improve their smiles with veneers can expect three appointments:
- An initial consultation: Dr. Mina Levi thoroughly examines each patient’s mouth to assess their candidacy. Once candidacy is confirmed, she works closely with her patients to determine their smile preferences and goals.
- Getting prepared: Next, Dr. Mina takes a mold of the patient’s mouth to guarantee that their veneers will fit perfectly. Typically, this requires the removal of a very thin layer of enamel from the teeth. While patients are waiting for their veneers to be made, Dr. Mina may place temporary veneers over the teeth receiving treatment.
- Veneer placement: Finally, Dr. Mina will make any necessary adjustments to the shape or size of the patient’s veneers. After making adjustments, she uses a strong dental cement to permanently adhere the porcelain veneer to the teeth.
How much do the best veneers San Francisco has to offer cost?
Because each patient is different, the cost of veneers will vary greatly. The amount of veneers desired, patient preferences, and treatment length will all add to the overall cost of the procedure. However, patients working with Dr. Mina Levi will receive a detailed list of the procedures and expenses before beginning dental veneer treatment. Furthermore, she offers financing options to help make porcelain veneers more affordable.
The Best Veneers San Francisco Has to Offer!
Are you looking to enhance your smile? At California Dental Innovations, our San Francisco dentist offers quality dental veneers that will have you beaming with confidence in no time! To get started, call our dental office at (415) 513-5066 or schedule your initial consultation online.