Throughout life, many factors can lead to teeth that are chipped, discolored, or misaligned. Thankfully, cosmetic dental services exist so that people can address the imperfections that make them feel like they are less.
Every smile has a story. But Dr. Mina Levi can rewrite yours when you choose cosmetic dental services at California Dental Innovations. Learn more about elective dental treatments in San Francisco, CA, by calling 415-513-5066.
Are you debating if cosmetic dental services are worth the investment? Here are a few ways that prove that the benefits of cosmetic dentistry extend beyond superficial reasons:
Your Smile Reflects Your Oral Health
Dental flaws degrade the way your overall smile looks. However, there might be more considerable implications for your oral health:
- Chipped and cracked teeth increase your risk of tooth decay and loss.
- Crooked teeth are harder to clean, increasing your chances of cavities and gum disease. Additionally, misalignment might lease to difficulty chewing and TMJ disorder.
- Missing teeth cause existing teeth to drift in an attempt to fill in the missing gaps. This can lead to misalignment. Also, if your tooth is missing and not immediately replaced with a dental implant, jawbone atrophy quickly follows.
- Gum recession is a common sign of gum disease. Still, as the gumlines pull away from teeth, the tooth roots are exposed, potentially leading to sensitivity and tooth decay.
While working closely with a dentist, you can simultaneously address aesthetic imperfections and improve oral health.
Your Mouth is a Window to Your Overall Health
The health of your mouth might be linked to your overall health. Theoretically, the American Dental Association (ADA) recognizes that many systemic and periodontal diseases have common risk factors and might be associated with each other.
Let’s look at some examples of how the mouth impacts the whole body (and vice versa):
- Gum health is linked to cardiovascular disease, diabetes, pregnancy complications, and more.
- Tooth and jawbone loss is associated with osteoporosis and an increased risk of cardiovascular issues.
In some ways, taking a moment to invest in your smile could be a way to identify and lessen the symptoms of disease.
Improve Your Self-Esteem
If you’re self-conscious about your smile, you might feel wary towards face-to-face interactions, photographers, and social settings. Based on a survey conducted on North Indian University Students, researchers concluded that a self-perceived image of how your smile looks can remarkably impact an individual’s psychological and social well-being.
Thankfully, you no longer have to hide or hang your head in shame about your smile. Boost your self-esteem by speaking to a dentist about cosmetic dental services.
Create More Positive Relationships
Think about the last time someone greeted you with a genuine smile stretched from ear to ear. What were you feeling? What mark did it leave on your day? How did you react?
Smiling is contagious! This simple act projects warmth and friendliness, which helps attract and forge strong bonds between family, friends, and coworkers.
Explore the Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Services in San Francisco
Whether you want to straighten your teeth with Invisalign®, whiten your smile, or improve the way your smile looks in any other compacity, the team at California Dental Innovations is here to help. Dr. Mina Levi looks forward to collaborating with you to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted finally.
If you’re still weighing the pros and cons of cosmetic dental services, let’s talk. Book a consultation by calling 415-513-5066 or messaging us online.