Invisalign® clear aligners are a more discreet and comfortable alternative to traditional metal braces. In as little as 6-18 months, the Invisalign system can straighten most mild to moderate alignment issues. However, if you’re considering clear aligners, then you’ll need to know about Invisalign cost factors. Here, we’ll discuss 5 factors that influence Invisalign costs and why the price is oh-so worth it!
5 Invisalign Cost Factors
The Invisalign system is not “one size fits all”–each patient has unique needs that influence treatment care and cost. Additionally, Invisalign costs will vary from doctor to doctor. However, most patients can expect Invisalign treatment to start at $3,000. Let’s explore 5 influences that can affect the overall price of Invisalign.
1. Complexity of Alignment Issues
Invisalign clear aligners can fix many alignment issues, such as crowded teeth, gaps, overbite, underbite, and crossbite. However, more severe cases will take more time and resources to treat. Therefore, patients with acute conditions may end up spending more money on treatment from start to finish.
2. Doctor Experience
Invisalign incentivizes dental professionals to provide patients with aligners by placing them on a point system. The more Invisalign treatments a dentist or orthodontist provides, the more points they earn. Dental professionals can receive substantial lab fee discounts depending on the amount of points they have earned. In many cases, dentists and orthodontists pass the savings on to their patients by lowering their Invisalign costs.
Location plays a unique role in Invisalign costs. Dental practices in rural locations tend to charge less for Invisalign treatment compared to practices in more urban areas. This may be due to higher rent and utility rates.
Insurance may cover up to 33% of total Invisalign costs, making it more affordable for patients. It is strongly advised that patients confirm coverage with their insurance company before seeking Invisalign treatment.
5. Treatment Adherence and Aftercare
The Invisalign system requires patients to wear their aligners for 20-22 hours a day. Patients who do not wear their aligners for the prescribed amount of time will have a longer treatment plan. The longer the treatment plan, the more money patients spend out of pocket.
Furthermore, most dental professionals will advise their patients to wear retainers after Invisalign treatment. Retainers help maintain patients’ newly aligned smiles, but they do add to the overall cost of Invisalign treatment.
Why It’s Oh-So Worth It!
Invisalign treatment is worth every penny for many reasons, such as:
- Less noticeable: Because Invisalign uses clear aligners, patients can adjust their smiles more discreetly than with metal braces. No more hiding smiles for pictures or answering awkward questions about new braces!
- More comfortable: Invisalign aligners are gentler on the soft tissue of the gums, lips, and cheeks.
- Removeable: Because patients can remove their aligners, they don’t need to avoid hard or sticky foods while using Invisalign. Furthermore, removable aligners make for easier oral hygiene upkeep.
- Fast and easy results: Oftentimes, patients who adhere to their Invisalign treatment plan can enjoy a straight smile in the same amount of time as patients with traditional braces.
Invisalign in San Francisco, CA
At California Dental Innovations, Dr. Mina Levi provides her patients with comfortable and effective Invisalign treatment. As a Fellow of the American Academy of Clear Aligners (AACA), Dr. Levi has all the information and expertise you’ll need to start the Invisalign process. Learn more about Invisalign cost factors and financing options. Schedule your consultation today by calling (415) 513-5066 or contacting us online.